When we bought our house we didn't realize we lived in such a sketchy neighborhood. We've had a couple adventures in the last little bit. A few days after Thanksgiving, Sterling was watching a movie when he heard some yelling outside. He looked out the window and saw a police car down the street. As he watched, several more police cars came speeding up to join the first. He had been watching them for awhile from our bedroom window when I came in to get ready for bed. He told me I better stay dressed just in case we needed to go somewhere. We spent the next hour peeking out our window and listening to the police scanner app on his phone. We heard they were looking for 2 men presumed armed and dangerous. They brought in the canine unit. Anyway, it was pretty interesting. I called my dad because I knew he would think it was interesting too. Just so you know the police caught the guys several hours later.
Then on Christmas Eve, Sterling and I were getting ready to have his parents come over for dinner. I had just sent Sterling out with a plate of muffins to give our neighbor. He turned the corner to find several police officers just about to arrest our neighbor. Talk about an awkward situation. They did let him deliver the muffins though. I learned my lesson, don't wait until the last minute to deliver your Christmas treats.
1 comment:
That is crazy business! Hopefully he got to eat his muffins before they went bad. Did you give him some of the delicious pumpkin ones?
Post a Comment