I'll write more about Christmas morning later. That afternoon we went to church with Sterling's parents to see the Christmas program Karleen had arranged. It was nice to be together for church.
Many of you know that the reason this Christmas was so special is that Karleen passed away on New Year's Eve. It was very unexpected, which has made it very difficult. I wish so much that I could see her just one more time to make sure that she knew how much we love and appreciate her.
Although this is a very sad time, there are two things that bring me so much comfort. The first is thinking about what a blessing it has been for us to have lived so close to them for the past year and a half. We have gotten to see them often and do lots of things together. I am especially glad that Emma was able to spend time with Karleen. Even though she won't remember it, I will have lots of stories to tell her about her time with her Grandma. I can't even begin to tell how much it meant to me that we got to spend time together at Christmas. It was really special.
The second thing that comforts me is knowing that we will get to see her again. I am so grateful to know that our family can be together forever. So although we miss her here, I know we'll all be together again.
9 comments:
Glad you're home and together. So glad you got some good pictures of Emma and her Grandma Stauffer, those will be treasured! We are sending our love, thoughts, and prayers your way!
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Your post just breaks my heart. I was just telling Shaun before you posted this that I was pretty sure it was sterlings parents you were having over for christmas eve. I am so glad you have those special memories with her! We are thinking of you during this hard time.
Sorry to hear your sad news. I hope Sterling and all of the family are doing okay.
Just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers. We love you guys.
PS The previous comment is from us. I signed in under the wrong user.
We are so sorry to hear about your loss. We were so shocked when we read your post. I agree with you - what a blessing to have been living there so close to them. You are all in our hearts and prayers.
P.S. - I LOVE the picture of Emma with her Grandma. It just shows how much they both seemed to love each other...
I'm so sorry about Sterling's mom! I hope he and his family are handling it ok. What a wonderful blessing to have spent that time there with her. Just know that she's having a blast on her mission on the other side :).
What a special Christmas. Those pictures are priceless. I'm so glad you have those happy memories of her last bit of time with us on this earth.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Karleen was an amazing woman. An angel, like the stake president said. I was thinking the other day about how she came and stayed up with Emma so you could sleep. What a sacrifice. She will be missed dearly. We are praying for all of you.
Post a Comment