Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Busy Little Lady

My baby is growing up so fast. Sometimes I like it and other times it makes me sad. I love watching her learn new things and begin to be more fun to play with. But she is just growing so fast. Before I know it she's going to be a teenager and she won't want to play with me anymore.
The week of Thanksgiving we went to the park to play. We were having such beautiful weather, so I figured we had better take advantage of it. Emma had so much fun playing and watching the other kids there.
Side story- Growing up we were often embarrassed by my mom because she had no problem yelling at people who were doing something rude or dangerous. Now I realize I am becoming my mother. While at the park I told a bunch of teannage boys that if they were going to swear like that then they needed to go somewhere else. And I had to keep telling the group from an elementary school that they needed to get off the baby toys so that the little kids could play there without being trampled. I can't wait until Emma is big enough to be embarrassed by me.
Here you get a really good idea of just how wispy her hair is. I don't think she is ever going to get enough hair to do anything with, but it does look beautiful blowing in the breeze.
Emma loves looking at books. She especially loves the ones that have different textures on the pages.
Now that she is crawling, she gets into everything. I feel like I spend all day going from mess to mess. It goes like this: Put magazines back on the bookshelf, put shoes back on the shoe rack, put the photo albums back on the shelf, pick up the pieces of fake wood chips from the fake plant and put them back, and repeat. Sometimes she changes it up with tupperware or attacking the wooden Baby Jesus.
Sometimes I get frustrated with her, but that cute little face, just melts me every time.

Side Story- Sterling got Santa Yoda as a white elephant gift and decided that he should live in my Christmas village. I'll let him stay this year, but next year he needs to find a new home.

4 comments:

Jeff and Whitney said...

Cute girl :) I love the Santa Yoda in the Christmas village. I vote that Sterling finds a new home for it next year too among other Christmas decorations, doesn't tell you, and then sees if you can find it. Jeff's dad does this EVERY year with Jeff's mom and he calls it "Kringle-flage." He has tons of Christmas action figures that are Star Wars and other random characters like Shrek. It drives his mom crazy, but it makes things pretty exciting :) I feel a new Stauffer family tradition being born ha ha.

The Broderick Family Blog said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your update! Very cute pictures!

Justin and Kenzee said...

I know what you mean - it's good and sad watching kids grow up. Sometimes it's too fast and others it's not fast enough!
I remember when my boys would keep pulling stuff out of cupboards. Technically it wasn't hurting anything but I got so sick of the same messes that I had to put child locks on. The magnet kinds that require a "key" are the best! She really does have such a darling little face!

Britt said...

Haha oh Emma. Hayden LOVED, nay, LOVES getting into the pots and pans.... and I like the Yoda