Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Love the Weekends

So much has happened since I last posted. Something is wrong with our computer and I can't upload our pictures from our camera. I keep waiting for Sterling to fix it, but he's so busy. So I guess I'll just fill you in and put up some pictures later.
We have been having the best weekends ever lately. The weeks have been fine. My class is getting much better and Sterling no longer talks about dropping out of grad school, but our weekends have been so much fun.
I have to back up almost a month to when we went up to Park City with Sterling's brother Matt and his family. The day was almost ruined by a completely horrible haircut I had gotten that morning and then cried about for 2 days until I could go get it fixed, but once we got going we had a lot of fun. We stopped along the way and had a picnic. Once we got to Park City we did a little shopping at the outlet stores there. I just can't say enough how much I love GAP outlet. We played for awhile on the playground before heading back home. on the way we stopped for dinner. As we were leaving dinner to really go home the kids said they didn't want to go home yet. I said we should just stay out and go clubbing. When my 5 year old niece asked what clubbing was I told her that's where people stay out dancing all night. She thought that sounded like a great idea. So before she went to bed that night Matt turned on some music so we could do a little clubbing in their living room. I just hope she didn't go to school and tell her kindergarten teacher that her aunt took her clubbing.
The next weekend was my mission reunion. It was a lot of fun to see people that I served with and haven't seen in forever. We also enjoyed watching General Conference. I always love listening to President Monson speak.
The next weekend we went to St. George. Sterling had ordered some things for my parents' computer to help it out. Ever since we got married he has been wanting to just completely clean off the computer and start over. He finally got his wish. Of course what kind of computer would it be if it didn't just randomly stop working at all sorts of inconvenient times. So while Sterling was stressing out and slaving away over the computer I went shopping with my mom and my sister. It was the perfect cloudy, cold day to go sit at Barnes and Noble drinking hot chocolate and looking at books. My mom even made one of my favorite meals, frozen pizzas, for dinner. I love spending time with my family.
This weekend was Fall Break for me and since Sterling doesn't have classes on Thursday and Friday, we decided to head up to Boise to visit my sister and her family. We had so much fun. It was great hanging out with Sarah and Ammon and especially my super cute niece Paige. Sarah had planned all sorts of fun things for us to do. Sterling's favorite activity was when Sarah took us to down town Boise (aka The Bodo.) It was fun seeing all the shops. We also stopped and got some amazing ice-cream. My two favorite activities were the Discovery Center and going to the pumkin patch. Sarah and I had so much fun taking pictures of each other trying out all of the science experiments at the Discovery Center, liking laying on a bed of nails and peddaling a bike to light up a light bulb. Paige was pretty much afraid of everything there. She kept saying "I go home." She did love the mini groccery store they had. It was so cute to see her pushing her shopping cart around picking up all the food. Hopefully Sarah posts the video of Paige checking out her grocceries. That night we went to a local pumpkin patch to pick our own pumpkins. It was so fun. They had a little petting zoo, which of course terrified Paige, and a hay ride. After picking our pumpkins we bought some of their delicious fresh mini doughnuts and hot chocolate.
We did so much fun stuff I can't mention it all because this s already way too long. I was so sad to leave. I hate not having my family all together. At least I know that no matter how far apart we are now our family will be able to be together forever.

3 comments:

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

Wow, what a busy few weeks! But I guess you've got to take advantage of the traveling before it starts to snow, right? The good news is that's it's hot chocolate season!

Justin and Kenzee said...

That's so great that you're able to travel so much. I wish I could do a bunch of shopping too. And yes, I LOVE the GAP outlet too!!!

Taylor Family said...

Glad you had a fun time, we loved having you come. I tagged you on my blog, so go check it out to see what you have to do when you post another blog in like a year.