Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun in the Sun

I feel like I have been spending a lot of time working on posts for my new blog that I have neglected updating this blog, and our lives are super exciting, so I need to update you.
About a month ago my sister, Sarah came with her family for a visit. It was a jam packed weekend o' fun. There was shopping, splash pad and carousel, hiking in Zion, and Frostop (yum!).
 Playing at the Splash pad. Emma loves the water. The only problem is I can't get her to stop drinking it.

 Not a great picture, but Emma with her girl cousins. She already knows that she wants to be one of the girls. She had so much fun with everyone here.

 Riding the carousel with Grandpa. She cried the entire time except for when she was passing me with my camera. Then she would smile and wave.

 Our picnic in Zion. It was awful. The place was crawling with millions of caterpillars. It sounded like it was raining, but it was actually caterpillars falling from the trees. They were all over us all over our stuff. It was so gross.

Luckily once we got to the trails there were no more caterpillars. We just did a short hike because there were so may little kids. Emma loved riding in her new hiking backpack.


This month my Mom graduated with her Associate's Degree. I was so proud of her. She put her education on hold for a long time to raise her children. A few years ago she went back and started taking a few classes each semester. Even then she took time off or scheduled her classes so she could still be there to help when babies were born. She took a light class load last winter so she could take Emma for me when I had to go back to work. My mom is really smart and she could have been anything she wanted and I'm glad she chose to be a mom first. And now I'm proud of her for pursuing her education.


Now Sterling is on summer vacation! It's nice having him home, even if he is throwing off our groove. It's going to be a party all summer long.

3 comments:

jenn + michael said...

I've been in raining caterpillars before too! It is foul. I'm glad st.george life is treating you well.

cerrah said...

The caterpillars sound awful. Frankie probably would have been in heaven.

I am amazed by your other blog and all of your domestic talents. You are such a cute Mommy. I want to try and do a calendar like you did for this summer of fun things to do with Frankie. Maybe that would help me pull through with it. Now if only Emma were Frankie's age and I could just copy you directly. (:

Britt said...

Today I was thinking about how David will be home for the summer...it's nice to have them home, but I also like being able to do whatever I want every day during the school year :)