Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Week Friday

Friday morning, after all my shopping was done, we went up to Pine Valley to get our Christmas tree. Sterling hunted for it without me this year, because I didn't want to haul Emma up the hill. I think he made a fine selection. after we all have our trees we enjoy hot chocolate, rolls, cookies and other treats.
I did my best to keep Emma warm.

We also got to spend some time with my cousin Sherry and her family.

That night a few of my very best friends came over. We just sat around talking and laughing. I laughed so hard I was crying and could barely breath when we pulled out the old dance pictures from high school. Let's just say I feel like we all look a lot better than we did in high school, and thanks Cami for trying to tell me that those bangs and eyebrows and glasses were not such a good look. I wish I had listened a little earlier.

4 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

wow! so fun to read about your weekend! Did you make the yam recipe we got from sister bates? I also made that recipe. It is SO SO yummy!
Nice work on the black friday shopping! I remember the year you guys were kind enough to pick up items for Shaun. :)
Emma is darling! Glad you had such a great weekend!

Heidi Perez said...

lol. My oh my would I love to see those dance videos.
And what is this food blog you spoke of?
And Sister Bates has a yam recipe? I have a sweet potato recipe that's crazy scrumptious. We should all swap.

Heidi Perez said...

Laura Bates Tolsma?

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

Sorry, not Laura Bates. My family has a food blog. It's Everett Family Recipes on my sidebar.