My two goals going into the race were to do it in 30 minutes and to run the whole way without stopping. I made it in 34 minutes. A little above my goal, but I was still really proud of my time. And I did run the whole way. Toward the end I thought about stopping to walk, but then I realized my legs were almost numb anyway, so I may as well keep going. I guess I did take a couple walking steps after I grabbed a cup of water to take a quick drink and make sure my cup got in the garbage can. So many people just threw their cups on the ground. That is so rude. It's not like it was such a big race that we couldn't all take a minute to throw our own garbage away.
After the race we went to Golden Corral for their breakfast buffet. I had heard it was delicious and it did not disappoint. The best part was that their ice-cream machines are on. So you get a delicious breakfast then some ice-cream to top it off.
So now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I do another 5K and go for a better time, or should I go for a 10K? You may cast your vote.
5 comments:
good job! I'm impressed you did it all without walking. Thats my goal.. if I ever do another 5k. 5ks are fun..I never got brave enough to do a 10k. I couldn't imagine having to run another 5K after I was finished with a 5k.
Time for the Broderick's to come and fatten you up with some good home cookin'.
Good work! You never ran at our gym in Orem. I would of expected you to do a triathlon or something involving a bike. :) That's nice that Sterling and Emma could be there to support you.
Whichever race you choose, CHARGE YOUR iPOD! I'm pretty sure I would die if I didn't have a distraction. Congratulations! I'm glad you are alive!
Ryan's running the Vegas Ragnar in a few weeks so I've been running with him. I just could not do it without music, so nicely done! I love the app cadence.fm. You choose your speed and it plays an unlimited amount of songs at that same beat. It really helps me. Go for a 10K!
I say ditch the iPod and just sing at the top of your lungs while running. Back when I ran track, people always through me off by making strange sounds. I bet you'd destroy the competition if you just performed your own music. No one expects that...
Post a Comment