Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Bye Harry

Last night Sterling and I went to see the final Harry Potter. It was both exciting and sad. It was perfect that we ended up going opening night because I was at the first showing of the first Harry Potter. I was a senior in high school and my mom let me skip my Human Development class to go buy tickets. I borrowed my friend's Quidditch robe and we all had Harry Potter glasses. It was so exciting. I have good memories of seeing each of the movies.

Many of you have heard my story of going to the the second Harry Potter with Sterling. We had only been out on a few dates and we had been talking about how he hadn't seen Harry Potter yet. So one day as we were walking into our history class I got up my nerve and said "So when are we going to go see Harry Potter?" He said "When are you going to go see Harry Potter?" I felt so stupid I just mumbled "I don't know," and walked away. A week later heaven only knows what possessed me to try again. I called him (and if you know me you know I HATE to call anyone, so that just shows how much I liked him) and asked him to go to the movie with me. We ended up having a really fun time and from then on we were pretty much together. In Sterling's defense he swears to this day that I said "When are you going to go see Harry Potter?" and his answer was showing that he would see it when I saw it.

So last night it came to an end. I cried as I watched my friends from the story die. I bawled when I watched Harry's mother saying good bye to baby Harry, and I nearly lost it when baby Harry cried because he wanted his mom and she wasn't coming back (since becoming a mom that just kills me in movies). But however much I cried it wasn't as bad as the emotional wreck sitting next to me. That was awkward.
Anyway, Harry Potter I will miss you. Thanks for all the good times.

6 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Broderick Family Blog said...

WHAT? THEY DIE???? (Just kidding, I already found out that they die from people that read the books. Someday I may even read them.) I'm so excited to see the finale.
That reminds me of Star Trek when Captain Kirk's dad dies at the beginning of the movie.
I always knew Sterling was a big baby. I'm sure that was super embarrassing when he was balling in the theater next to you.

Sterling and Michelle said...

So it was actually the girl sitting next to me that was an emotional wreck, but I'm pretty sure Sterling got a little teary.

jenn + michael said...

Haha! This is awesome. I could not read the post until I had seen the movie. JK Rowling is an amazing writer!

Heidi Perez said...

Hahaha. I hadn't heard your first date story. So funny, and a little sad!
I better not go see this one - if you bawled, I'd probably be sobbing uncontrolably. Then, out of nowhere, a giggle would bubble up, and I'd be laughing histarically, and everyone in the theater would hate me.
And lastly, poor Sterling. (Although it'd be hilarious if it was actually a stranger that you were referring to, but made it sound like Sterling was the wreck. ;)

Heidi Perez said...

p.s. Ha! I just read your follow-up comment to the Broderick family!! So funny!! When I read the post, I wondered who you meant, but when I read their comment, I thought, "Oh, they got the joke, and I didn't." lol
p.p.s. You deleted a comment! Wow, I want to hear the story behind that.