My maternity leave came to an end last week. Starting Monday I was back at work. I had been dreading that day almost since the day I found out I was pregnant. I cried almost all morning, especially when my mom came to get her. So far it hasn't been the worst thing ever. It's just hard going to such a demanding job when my heart really isn't in it. I feel very homesick for Emma. Just 6 and 1/2 weeks to go. I think I will miss teaching when it's done. I love teaching, I just hate all the extra stuff that comes with it (i.e. behavior problems, extra assessment that I think are dumb, germs, germs, germs.)
Speaking of germs, I came away from my first week back with a bad cold. So far I don't think Emma has gotten it. She was acting really fussy yesterday, but after her nap she seemed to be feeling better. Hopefully it stays that way.
We were supposed to go up north this weekend for our niece's baptism, but bad weather and the bad cold prevented it. We were really disappointed to miss the time with our family, but it was good for all of us to have some relaxing time at home. We're excited next week to have a lot of family around for when we bless Emma.
To end the post, we went to the doctor on Monday for Emma's 2 month check up. She weighs 11 pounds 5 ounces and is 23 inches long. She is in the 60th percentile for weight and 72nd for length. Who would ever guess our child would be tall?
5 comments:
That would be so hard to leave your perfect, tiny baby home just to go take care of somebody else's obnoxious, germy kids. (Just kidding... I like kids otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the same degree). But you know what I mean!
Hopefully summer vacation will come soon for you.
Hope you have a wonderful blessing day. She gets even more adorable every time you post!
lol That is funny. (about having a tall baby)
I'm sorry you had to go back to work! :( I would be homesick too. I've often thought how sad it would be to leave Jason w/ a sitter or at a daycare to go to work. I'm sure it'll get easier though. I hope!
Oh I am so sorry! That's so horrible. Not much left to go. Maybe just focus on that. At least not too much right?
That's so nice that you have your mom to help. So lucky! (Even though I'm sure you'd much rather be there, it's the next best thing!)
I'm so nervous to go back to teaching and leave Brynlee... I'm glad to hear you are surviving with going back. Are you teaching next year? How is everything else in life? I miss seeing you at work.
Do you remember me? I sometimes look at your blog from Nicollete's blog and I just wanted to say that your munchkin is super cute. It would be hard to go back to work, but it will be over fast and at least she gets to be with your mom! That is awesome. Well, I thought I would just say hi just in case you saw some weird person viewing your blog in Idaho! :)
Post a Comment