Thursday, March 24, 2011
Zumba
The rec center in town offers Zumba classes for $2, so I talked my sister Emilee into going with me. I have never done zumba before. I have never actually even seen it done, but since it's all the rage in the aerobics world I've been wanting to give it a shot. For those of you who don't know zumba is like regular aerobics mixed with Latin dancing. And in Latin dancing there is a lot of booty shaking. Most of you probably know how stiff and awkward I am, so zumba was an interesting experience. I actually had a lot of fun, but the booty shaking was somewhat lacking. I really did try, but most of the time it ended up looking more like marching. It reminded me of the time I accidentally tried out to be a cheerleader ( a story for another time) and we had to do a dance where we swiveled our hips. I did more of a hips jazz square. So if you have any tips on how to get my swivel and booty shake going let me know. Overall it was a really fun class and I will definitely go back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too funny! I look the same when I try and dance in any "non-white" manner. You would think we would be better after so many years of dance lessons, but I just think we weren't made to move like that. Either way, good for you! I hope you keep it up. I wish I lived in town because I would join you!
Post a Comment