She really is a good baby. The first couple days at home were pretty scary. I had no idea what to do with her. When Sterling left to go back to work I just sat on the couch and cried. But we're getting used to each other. She doesn't cry too much. She does have an incredible ability to spit up a huge puddle the second I put a clean outfit on her or pee all over the instant we take her diaper off. And she only makes me get up once in the night to feed her. What more could I ask for?
We're still working on getting used to each other, but I already love her and can't imagine our lives without her. I love watching her cute little face while she's sleeping. I love smelling her right after a bath for the 5 brief minutes before she spits up and smells like sour milk. I love holding her against me while she nurses, even if I am holding my breath trying not to squeeze her head for those first few painful sucks. And I love watching Sterling hold her. The two of them are so cute together.
11 comments:
such a precious little girl! I am so proud of you and Sterling! You are great parents!! Can't wait to meet her in person!! someday...right?
she is a doll i cant wait to see her... p.s. is that the blanket I gave you?? better be! jk
Absolutely darling! Keep those pictures coming!
she is so sweet! i was so freaked out when we brought audrey home. For the first week or so, every time i got in the shower i sobbed! I can't wait to meet her!
It's definitely not easy, nut she is so beautiful, and you two are adorable parents. When I saw you a week after she was born I still can't believe how good you looked, like you already had it all figured out! (By the way, that night when I was tucking Frankie in and I asked him what his favorite part of the day had been, he said "seeing baby Emma." She won him over, too.)
p.s. Frankie spit up a ton, too. I finally started using bibs, even though they weren't very cute. Because then I could at least preserve the outfit a bit, and quickly remove the yucky smell by removing the bib.
Congrats! She is so tiny and adorable. Welcome to parenthood. It's a big adjustment, but it's worth it!
I love her! She is adorable! I'm sure you guys are fabulous parents! :)
oh boy... i know that pain with nursing all too well. It always made me flex my toes and feet. I had no idea my foot reflex would be so connected to breast pain! Too much information - sorry. She is so beautiful. Congrats! Glad to hear you're adjusting. It takes a while. I'm still getting used to my 4 yr. old! :-)
Yay! You're alive! And you have a blog! I really wanted to bring food by, but somehow your phone number isn't in my new phone, so I couldn't text you to get your address. Can I still come by w/ a dinner? I, too, can relate to 1)tripping while holding your baby - so horribly scary (mine was on stairs and Jason CRIED), and 2)the pain of nursing - I was convinced for a while that God hated women. :) Apparently nursing is worse when you have mastitis. Ugh. I'm over that now though. And nursing became one of my favorite things, and I was sad to give it up.
Spit up - we used his swaddle blankets and laid them across our whole upper body. You never knew which shoulder he would pick, so you had to cover both. I also used bibs on Jason. Oh, and I always tucked a burp rag into my bra before nursing for when he'd pull away. I hated having wet clothes.
Sorry this is so long. Anyway, pretend this was a text message saying:
"What's your address? I'm bringing you dinner!"
And text me your address :)
801.762.7476
I can totally relate to everything you wrote. Try to enjoy every moment. It will go so fast! (My firstborn is working on mission papers! I can hardly believe it!)
She is so precious! Thanks for the pictures!
Post a Comment