Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Vacation is Finally Here!

Today is the first official day of Christmas vacation. I was so excited to start enjoying my vacation that I woke up at 6:15 and couldn't go back to sleep because I kept thinking of all the things I want to do. The last 3 weeks at school have been pretty fun. I love doing all sorts of Christmas activities with my students, but it can be a lot of work. I thought we were never going to finish their gifts for their parents, but we made it. The only thing that slipped through the cracks was that I forgot to "send" their letters to Santa. I'm hoping they just forgot about it.
Now it's time to enjoy Christmas. So far I have dragged Sterling to a bunch of activities and he has mostly been a good sport. On Wednesday we took my little sister to help shop for Kony Coins for Kids. They raise money and buy Christmas presents for families in the area. Even though it was a madhouse we still had fun. Sterling loved shopping for the boys and insisted that they each needed a set of Legos. After shopping Carrie and I watched A Smoky Mountain Christmas starring Dolly Parton. I forgot what a horribly fantastic movie that is. Carrie didn't appreciate it. Last night we went to see The Forgotten carols. It was fun as usual.
Now we just need to get our Christmas treats made and delivered, finish getting Emma's room ready, finish 2 months worth of sub plans (so much more work that I ever imagined), and squeeze in some holiday fun.

4 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

So jealous that you are already on vacation!! So I grew up watching that same christmas movie. I was just thinking about how it has been such a long time since I had seen it. Fun memories.

Justin and Kenzee said...

Two months worth of sub plans? Seriously?! That sounds awful. good luck. So you only get two months off? Ugh... that'll be rough. But I guess the good news is that before you know it summer break will come! Hope you have a great time over the next two weeks!

jenn + michael said...

Bless Christmas vacation and I cannot believe you are already so close to the end! Have fun with sub plans! blah!

Jessica said...

Hooray for Christmas break! I hope you get to enjoy it and not spend the WHOLE time on your sub plans! Can't wait for little Emma to make her debut, you guys are awesome!

P.S. I need your new address, could you either email it or text it to me? We will eventually be getting Holiday cards out. ;)