Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the food, I love all of our traditions, I LOVE Black Friday shopping, but mostly I love being with my family. This week I did a lot of Thanksgiving activities with my little first graders. We made Indian headbands and pilgrim hats. They were adorable. I wish I could post the pictures, but it's probably not a good idea to post pictures of other people's kids online. But they really got me into the Thanksgiving spirit.

Another reason I love Thanksgiving is because it is always the same week as our anniversary. This year we are celebrating four years of marriage. I am so thankful for Sterling. I don't know what I would ever do without him. I can't wait to finally get to see him as a dad. He's going to be great. Last night at our prenatal class we were learning about breastfeeding and the teacher asked for a volunteer to help demonstrate some things. Of course nobody wanted to go up, so after an awkward silence Sterling volunteered. It was so hard to keep from laughing as I watched Sterling breastfeed a baby doll. He did well. He only broke down once.

Here is a picture of us together. I am now 31 weeks pregnant. Just about 9 weeks to go. Scary!

1 comment:

Justin and Kenzee said...

Wow... 9 weeks?! That's so exciting. It is scary how fast time goes by. It seems like I was just pregnant and now Nolan is nearly 4 years old. I hope your final weeks go well for you. At least the holidays are a good distraction when you start feeling uncomfortable. Happy Anniversary, too!