We have finally made our triumphant return to St. George. It wasn't as much triumphant as it was pain in the butt. Nobody ever told us that buying a house was so awful. I shake my fist at all of you home owners who did not warn us. I thought I was prepared for the process, having watched hours and hours of HGTV including Property Virgins. Little did I know real life does not actually resemble TV. Luckily we had a really great realtor and mortgage guy who really went above and beyond to take care of us.
And now here we are in our new home which was just connected to the internet today. We are in the process of getting settled in. The biggest problem for me has been my heightened sense of smell thanks to baby. The smell of this house has been really hard to get used to. It's getting better but at first it made me want to puke every time we came over here. So thanks to my mom and Carrie and Sterling for cleaning the house while I sat outside wanting to die. And thanks to so many of our family and friends for helping us move and housing and feeding us while we were homeless. I'll try to post pictures of the house soon and we are looking forward to having lots of guests over.
4 comments:
we can't wait to see it on Sunday when we Skype. We also have lots of things to tell you guys, too. Good luck with the unpacking!!
I am so excited for you guys! plus a little jealous! i can't wait to see it and YOU(pregnant) at christmas!
We'll be there soon. I'll be sure to pack nose plugs.
I remember the smell thing like it was yesterday... uck, everything is gross when that happens. Hopefully that stage will pass soon and you'll get your house smelling all fresh. Yes, the house buying process is really a pain. Be glad you didn't build - what a headache! Hopefully I'll be able to see the place one of these times I head home for a visit.
Post a Comment