This week has been a bit rough. So far in her life Emma has been a very healthy baby. This week she had a fever for 2 days from her shots, and now she has a bad cold. She went from being really fun though somewhat of a drama queen to just plain ornery and sad most of the time. It's so sad to watch her not feel well. Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. She had her first throw up experience, and let me tell you there is no smell in the world like thrown up milk. It is so incredibly bad.
In other news, I recently bought the best cookbook ever, recommended to me by my sister Sarah. It 's from the blog Our Best Bites. I am having so much fun trying out new recipes, and making things from scratch that I usually just buy at the store. Homemade tortillas...awesome. There have been a couple bummers, but for the most part we are loving it.
I have also been attending more Zumba classes with my sister. I think I'm getting better. Now I'm just really bad whereas before I was atrociously bad. There are some crazy ladies that go to these things though. They have every dance memorized and do their own improvisation in the middle. I have to try not to laugh out loud at them.
Last night Sterling's dad came over for a movie night. He and Sterling love old John Wayne movies, so over the course of our marriage they have been making me watch them. The only one I ever saw growing up was Mcklintock. Last night is was El Dorado. I must say it was pretty good, but my favorite is still Mcklintock. You can't beat a good fist fight where everybody falls down into a mud hole. Just never ever ever watch The Searchers unless you want to feel miserably depressed at the end.
So I guess life is pretty good. I have a wonderful husband who didn't even yell at me when I scraped the side of his most beloved car. I have a sweet baby who will hopefully be feeling better soon. What more could a girl ask for?
3 comments:
I don't want to even imagine how that throw up smells. :( no fun at all!! And you scraped up sterlings car? I'm putting that on our Skype agenda. :)
Hey, don't make fun of those crazy Zumba ladies... I'm one of them! :-) I'm not certified but I teach some of the Relief Society ladies at our exercise group. I don't do improv in the middle though!
I hope Emma gets better very soon.
Sorry about Emma :(. It is always so sad to see your baby sick. (But I secretly like it - worry a lot, but like it - when Jason has a fever because he's so docile and just wants to sleep in my arms :).
And oh man, I REALLY wish I could go to Zumba with you!! We could be really bad together! And laugh at those women together!! (I've never been, so you'll feel even better than really bad!) And then those women can laugh at us for being so bad! hahaha
Post a Comment