Summer vacation officially started a couple weeks ago, and let me say it has been great. I was feeling a little sentimental on the last day of school thinking about how it would be my last day of teaching for a long time, maybe even forever. Then some of my more obnoxious students started being their obnoxious selves, and suddenly I wasn't so sad anymore. There are many things I will miss about teaching, but right now I am so excited about getting to stay home and be Emma's mom. The first few days were a little hard. Being a mom all day long is exhausting. Much harder than being a teacher if you ask me. Luckily Sterling has been here to help ease me back into things. That's why we chose a life of poverty as educators over of life of riches. I don;t know what we will do when he goes back to work in August.
Mostly we're just having fun hanging out at home. We did go down to Phoenix to show Emma off to my family down there. I will write more and post pictures about that later. Emma is growing so much. I will list her many talents.
1. She rolls from her back to her tummy. She has rolled the other way a couple times, but not consistently.
2. She can make the most awful scratching sounds. She especially loves to scratch the material lining her car seat. It is worse than nails on a chalkboard. I ask her nicely to stop and she ignores me.
3. She can almost swallow rice cereal. Mostly she is really good about getting it everywhere but in her mouth. Right now her hair is totally crusty.
4. She can fall asleep by herself at night. We are still working on naps. Once we just put her down to fall asleep for her nap and she attacked her teddy bear with a vengeance. We are still finding tufts of pink fur everywhere.
5. She can suck on anything and everything. Right now her favorites are her hands, my hands and her toes. She can get all five toes in her mouth at once.
6. She can grasp toys and sit and look at books with mom and dad.
7. She gives the most adorable toothless smiles. Sometimes she even adds in a little eyebrow raise like "Really?"
At 3:30 this morning when she was refusing to eat, I was ready to take her out to DI and leave her, but all she has to do is smile and blow a few spit bubbles (another talent) and she wins me over. She is a cutie and I'm so glad she is ours.
4 comments:
I soooo wish I had been in Phoenix when you were there! I miss our ESL chats!
So fun you all get to be together for the whole summer :) Have so much fun!
Just wait until she's two or three years old and you'll think about dropping her at the D.i. daily. All 5 toes at once? That really is a talent. I'm so glad you're able to be at home now. Happy Summer!
Ahhh, I miss you. I laughed out loud. That is so funny about the scratching and the teddy bear!! Especially about the teddy bear. HILARIOUS!!!! Still laughing.
Post a Comment