To celebrate Sterling's birthday and the last day of school we went camping with the Brodericks. It was beautiful. We were so excited to finally get to use the camp chef and dutch oven we got for Christmas a couple years ago. We decided that everything tastes better when you're camping, especially ice cold water from a tin cup.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Summer
Summer has finally come! The last few weeks of school were super busy. I spent hours wrapping up projects, typing my students' stories and packing up my classroom so that I could move to my new classroom down the hall. I can't believe I'm already through my second year of teaching. This year was crazy. And now I have a couple months to relax, work on all those projects I have been meaning to get to and get ready for second grade. Here are some pictures of the fun we have been having so far.
For Sterling's birthday we went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. I even made Sterling his special birthday cake that he had every year growing up. There was enough cake for us to share with lots of our family members and friends.
To celebrate Sterling's birthday and the last day of school we went camping with the Brodericks. It was beautiful. We were so excited to finally get to use the camp chef and dutch oven we got for Christmas a couple years ago. We decided that everything tastes better when you're camping, especially ice cold water from a tin cup.


Nicolette and I scavenged for firewood and Sterling and Shawn showed off their boy scout skills by getting the fire going and then playing in the fire with sticks and flicking cinders on people. Sterling came back with a few burn holes in his clothes.
For me, the best part of the camping trip is making s'mores. They were delicious. Despite the marshmallow in her hair Nicolette loved them too.
After a miserable nights sleep in the freezing cold we made breakfast and went for a hike. Sterling took some really beautiful pictures of the scenery. I prefer pictures of people and since I'm the one who blogs I decide what goes on the blog.


So there is our camping trip. Since then I've mostly been chilling at home. I have enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with my friends and family. Summer is great!
To celebrate Sterling's birthday and the last day of school we went camping with the Brodericks. It was beautiful. We were so excited to finally get to use the camp chef and dutch oven we got for Christmas a couple years ago. We decided that everything tastes better when you're camping, especially ice cold water from a tin cup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for going camping with us! We had such a great time with you guys! Can't wait until July 31st.
mmmh...tin cups
You always looks so happy and beautiful in your pictures! I love your hair... even when you're camping! Congrats on wrapping up your 2nd year of teaching. I really admire new teachers. Since I went the baby route after graduating I never had to face my fear of actually getting a job. Scary! Hope you are loving your time off.
Post a Comment