Over the last several weeks I have been slacking off in my blogging. I haven't felt like I had much to say. After some cyber bullies commented on my lack of posting I figured I better just take a minute and update everyone on our thrilling lives.
A couple weeks ago I accepted a job teaching second grade. I am so excited about it. I'm sad to leave third grade, but I am also ready for a change. At first I really had my heart set on fifth grade, but now I couldn't be more excited. I am already completely obsessed with gathering new ideas and materials. I'm so lucky to have a ton of stuff from my sister. And thanks again Nicolette for going through all of your files and giving me so much stuff. Second graders are so great because they are so sweet and they still love their teachers unconditionally. If only we could all be a little more like second graders.
Sterling has finished his second semester of grad school. Just one more year of classes to go. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished there. He'll play it down if you ask him, but he does really well and is really talented in psychology.
Last week was spring break and I was able to go up to Boise to visit my sister and her family. It was so much fun. I absolutely love playing with my niece. I really wish they lived closer. My favorite part was waking up to Paige every morning saying "The sun came." That seemed to mean "Why would you want to keep sleeping? It's time to play." I'll post pictures soon.
So that is about all that is going on in the Stauffer house. We are still happy and in love.
2 comments:
glad to see you are back on line! It was fun going through files today...even if it took almost 3 hours.
Congrats on the upcoming job switch. I love second grade classrooms too. I wanted to do my student teaching in 2nd but got stuck with 1st and 6th (yikes!). That's wonderful that Sterling can see the light at the end of the schooling tunnel.
Post a Comment