Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Is Coming

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is a day that celebrates overeating, something O wholeheartedly support. Because there a few Thanksgiving decorations and it isn't really a gift-giving day stores seem to jump right from Halloween to Christmas. I have always been opposed to this. I feel like you at least need to wait until after Thanksgiving dinner to begin celebrating Christmas.
Well this year Sterling and I threw my philosophy out the window. For our last 2 Christmases we haven't been able to have our Christmas decorations up for very long because we had either just gotten married or just moved. This year we wanted to have plenty of time to enjoy our decorations. So after church today we came home and Sterling out up our 7 foot tall fake tree. We got it last year as a hand-me-down, but because we lived in a basement apartment with low ceilings we couldn't put it up. And since the tree was going up I had to get out all of my nativity scenes. Sterling tells me every year I have too many and I can't put them all up and I go ahead and ignore him. In conclusion I apologize to the spirit of Thanksgiving but we just couldn't wait this year.

5 comments:

Justin and Kenzee said...

You should post pics of your nativity scenes... I love seeing peoples' different ones!

The Broderick Family Blog said...

I don't know about this "breaking the rules" stuff. But maybe you can loan us one of your nativity scenes...we are missing some wise men around here. Ü

Anonymous said...

lol i love how you just ignore him... i will come over this week to see your newly decorated house!!! :) when you were done did you turn on the christmas tunes and sip hot chocolate?:)

Emilee said...

michelle dont feel bad, i've been listeneing to christmas music in my car for weeks now.

Taylor Family said...

So I've been wanting to get an artificial tree, but they are so expensive. Well, I was looking on Craig's List yesterday and found one for $20 that they said has only been used once. So we got it. Hopefully it looks alright once we get it all set up. Ammon would never let me set up any Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, no matter what. I do listen to Christmas music when he's not home though.